Hotels near Burney Falls
Historic & Scenic
Hotels Near Burney Falls
Located approximately 18 miles from Fall River Mills on Highway 89, the park offers swimming and boating on Lake Britton, picnic grounds, and camping sites. The breathtaking Burney Falls are 129 feet high and surrounded by a self-guided nature trail. Smaller picturesque falls are located throughout the area.
The museum’s main building, fashioned after the historic round barn near Little Valley, was built by local residents under the auspices of the Fort Crook Historical Society. The contents of the museum’s four building complex tell the story of the Indians and early settlers of this area. Included here are six completely furnished rooms of antique furniture, a blacksmith’s shop, the old Fall River jail, a room containing early farm implements, and a ne collection of Indian artifacts. A picnic area is adjacent. The museum is open May to November from 1-5 PM. No charge for admission.
Located on McArthur Road approximately 8 miles from Fall River Mills, the Glenburn Church, built in 1886, is still heated by a pot-bellied stove. The picturesque building, with Mt. Shasta and the old Creighton our mill in the background, has been the subject for many artists and photographers.
The Subway Cave is located 1/4 mile north of the junction of Highways 89 and 44. The cave, formed 2000 years ago from flowing lava, provides over 1,000 accessible feet to explore (bring a coat and flashlight).
The Popcorn caves are south of Fall River Mills; the May eld and Ice Caves are located to the north.
Located 33 miles off Highway 89 northeast of Bartle, the area has camping, boating, shing, and unusual volcanic terrain. The road is closed in Winter to mid-June. Medicine Lake Highlands.
The northwest entrance at Manzanita Lake is located approximately an hours drive from the Intermountain Area. The park contains 150 miles of foot trails and over 50 back country lakes and streams. The Manzanita Lake entrance provides access to areas for ski touring and snowshoeing: there is a downhill ski area near the southwest entrance. The Lassen Park Road is closed between the ski area and Manzanita Lake from late October to late May. Admission is charged.
Highway 299 between Burney and Fall River Mills
The park is located next to Chalk Mountain made up of decomposed sea life called diatomaceous earth.
PCT hikes straight through this area. Call us and we can come pick you up for a hot shower and to wash your clothes.
- Fall River Lake Fishing, and watersports Lake Britton Fishing, and watersports.
- Big Lake (Trout Lake) Trout, Bass, and cat; ducks and geese, watersports
Hatchet Mountain Vista Point Located approximately 3 miles West of Burney on Highway 299E, the Vista offers a beautiful view of Burney and the surrounding mountains.
- Pit River Falls Vista Located 2 miles West of Fall River Mills on Highway 299, the Vista overlooks a deep gorge and the Pit River Falls.
- Crystal Lake Fish Hatchery Located on Baum Lake near Cassel, the hatchery plants approximately 2,500,000 catchable-size and ngerling sh on a year-round basis.
- Hat Creek Park Hiking trails, picnic area, and wild trout stream along
- Ahjumawi Lava Springs State Park Hiking, picnicking, camping, and lava formations. An important archaeological and historical area located on Big Lake. Access by boat only.
Things to do in Burney Ca
- Golf- Although Fall River Golf Course is tucked away in peaceful Northeastern California, it is frequently rated one of the favorite courses to play anywhere. e course lays out over slightly rolling terrain, through pine and juniper forests and past shimmering lakes. Abundant wildlife, great views and a country atmosphere make this destination unique. e championship design features large bentgrass greens, multiple tee areas, and well-manicured fairways with generous landing areas. www.fallrivergolf.com
- Fairgrounds Inter-Mountain Fairgrounds (IMF) is located in McArthur, CA on 115 beautifully manicured acres that can be utilized for any occasion. IMF is best known for their great annual Labor Day Weekend Fair but the entertainment does not stop there—the Fairground facilities are available year-round by reservation. www.inter-mountainfair.com
- Fall River Mills Movie Theatre